Case Study: Bailer Exhibition
Project: Exhibition: Duality
Location: fortyfivedownstairs, 45 Flinders Lane Melbourne
Cultural Matters was engaged by artist Paul Round to seek a suitable gallery for an exhibition of his recent body of work.
Cultural Matters successfully secured an exhibition with one of the most reputable art galleries in Melbourne for the presentation of his work. Cultural Matters project managed the exhibition including:
- Artist management
- organising the opening night with high profile academic in art to open the exhibition and securing in-kind support for the catering
- installation of the exhibition
- stakeholder management
- PR and marketing collateral including an exhibition catalogue
Over the years I have worked with Georgia Rouette on a large variety of art projects. She has helped turn stressful situations into well orchestrated events. Georgia has written grant proposals, secured grants, liaised with clients, organised permits, hired equipment, engaged designers, provided support and more.
Georgia even helped with my first solo art exhibition, from finding an appropriate space, to having a brochure designed and printed and advertising the event. Working together is a breeze and I look forward to collaborating on our next project.Paul Round
- Untitled (detail) by Bailer, 2018. Photo by p1xels.
- Exhibition installation view, 2018. Photo by p1xels.
- Wander Karmer by Bailer, 2017. Photo by p1xels.