Case Study: ISPT Super Property
Project : Public Art Framework and Implementation
Location: 50 Lonsdale Street Melbourne Business District
Year: 2019 – current
Cultural Matters was invited by ISPT Super Property to prepare a preliminary Public Art Framework for three allocated precincts: 50 Lonsdale St, 2 Lonsdale St (Casseldon Place), 271 Spring Street.
The central focus of this Public Art Framework was to identify opportunities for the inclusion of innovative art and history installations and exhibits in alignment with ISPT’s Creative Strategy.
To inform the successful commissioning of suitable public art for the above sites the Public Art Framework
- Provided a high level site and contextual spatial analysis
- Established a Curatorial Vision to set an overarching thematic approach to art
- Defined the Artwork Opportunities within the specific locations, forms and budget ranges
- Outlined Methodologies for Artist Procurement
- Provided Implementation information on Program, Maintenance and Sustainability
Cultural Matters is Project Managing the public art across the precinct.
We are now entering the implementation stage of the Framework, with stage one of commissioning public artworks for the precinct.
- ISPT Super Property, Casseldon Place, Melbourne. Courtesy ISPT.
- ISPT Super Property Public Art Framework, 2019.
- ISPT Super Property, 50 Londsdale Street, Melbourne. Courtesy ISPT.